1 2/3 cups granulated sugar
1 cup vegetable oil
2 cups sifted all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
15-ounce can pumpkin
1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
2 cups sifted confectioners’ sugar
8-ounce package cream cheese, softened
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Making the Bars:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Combine the eggs, sugar, oil and pumpkin, with an electric mixer on medium speed, until light and fluffy.
3. In a separate bowl combine the flour, baking powder, cinnamon, salt and baking soda.
4. Add the dry ingredients to the pumpkin mixture and mix at low-speed until thoroughly combined and the batter is smooth.
5. Spread the batter into a greased 13 by 10-inch baking pan. Bake for 30 minutes.
6. Let cool completely before frosting. Cut into bars.
Making the icing:
1. Combine the cream cheese, vanilla and butter in a medium bowl with an electric mixer until smooth.
2. Add the sugar and mix at low-speed until combined.
3. Frost cooled pumpkin bars.
Serve and Enjoy!